Luquillo Is The Perfect Base For First-Time Visitors to Puerto Rico!
Location, location, location!
- Only 24 miles from San Juan International Airport
- Close to Old San Juan and other San Juan attractions
- Only 7 miles from the ferries to Vieques and Culebra in Fajardo
- All the shopping you could possibly want within a short drive in either direction
- Only 7 miles from the Bioluminescent BioBay in Fajardo
- Small sea-side town, with no crazy traffic or heavy crowds
- 12 miles of incredible AND swimmable beaches
- El Yunque Rainforest
- The famous Luquillo Food Kiosks where you can explore the rich variety Puerto Rican cuisine
So, there you have it: Luquillo is only a short drive from the San Juan International Airport and the ferries in Fajardo, yet we have amazing beaches, the rainforest, and a small town atmosphere. It is the best of all worlds for first-time visitors to the island.
As far as location goes, you cannot do any better than Luquillo in Puerto Rico. Whatever your interests are, whether it is relaxing under a palm tree, extreme sports, shopping, or historical attractions, Luquillo is centrally located to do it all.
Let’s face it, if you are new to Puerto Rico, you probably do not want to drive for hours or fight heavy traffic to find your hotel or rental condo. There are certainly many other beautiful areas on the island but not as centrally located.
Luquillo offers a sample of a little bit of everything that you will find in Puerto Rico: beach, mountains, sports, rainforest, San Juan attractions, dining and much more.
In addition, the family friendly atmosphere, low crime rate, and availability of many, reasonably priced rental condominiums make Luquillo a wonderful spot for families enjoying a getaway vacation.
Consider staying in Luquillo on your first vacation to the Enchanted Island of Puerto Rico.